Two of my favourite people on my Christmas list are my brother, Andrew, and my husband, David. My brother is graduating from college in the spring and David is in the middle of his second year of law school so they are both in the grips of academic joy and deserve a Christmas holiday and lots of lovely pressies.
1. My brother is a super stylish dude. He always walks out of Goodwill with three vintage men's shirts in various amazing plaids and a perfect Aran sweater. I would love to get him this gorgeous J. Crew Sweater, $74.50.
2. Anything Bill Murray has ever done is hailed by Dave as being the GREATEST thing and I think this Bill Murray Pillow, $20, is hilarious.
3. An hour from my parents' house is the most delectable bakery and within the bakery is the Shepherdstown Sweet Shop German Stollen, $26. Stuffed with marzipan and dusted in sugar, the stollen is unreasonably good. I can only imagine the luxury of having one all to your self. They keep for weeks but they won't last more than a couple of days because no one can resist the deliciousness. The. Best.
4. Last Christmas, David got me a vintage pennant from my alma mater and I've been on the prowl for one for my brother. There aren't any on ebay right now for his school but there are plenty for our city and others that are meaningful to him (this one is $9 on ebay).
5. Our schnauzer Roger is David's first pet and Dave adores him beyond everything. He would love this Dog Mug, $15.29, for his first cup of coffee of the day, the one that has to be consumed with Rog in lap, paper in hand.
6. My brother is not much for liquor but as he approaches the job market this spring and tries to figure out what the hell he's doing with his life, he might need a drop or two from this TO HELL WITH WORK Flask, $23.
7. Harry's Winston Set, $15 - My husband and brother and dad are already on the Harry's bandwagon. Started by one of the founders of Warby Parker, the razors are stylish and shaving cream smells amazing.
8. Our first Christmas together I bought David a map of Maryland from ebay. I think it cost me about eight bucks and he loved it. I love getting vintage maps from the guy at Eastern Market or from ebay. They cost so little and when framed they make a huge impact.
9. David and I love Le Pain Quotidien so much. Their Tuscan white bean salad? Too delicious. They have come out with Le Pain Quotidien Book, $25, and I feel like everyone needs it. Gorgeous photos, gorgeous food, good reason to cook for me.