We had a snow day, a half day, and a weekend all in a row. The blog suffered but I wanted to catch you up in one quick post. Clockwise from the terrarium:
1. My little sister and I made terrariums (another item crossed off my 30 by 30 list). We got our asymmetrical fishbowls and charcoal at Petsmart and everything else at Home Depot. They took no time but we both went running to our mother at a certain point because the cacti kept pricking us and we needed an adult. So far they are still alive.
2. We don't have a car in Washington right now and our vet is out near my parents’ house in Pennsylvania so the pets went to spend a week with my parents which is both sad because there is no one SO happy to see me when I come home from work first and also incredibly luxurious to not have to go for that last 11 pm walk.
3. I made a custom rabbit in a school uniform with a plaid skirt, navy blazer and a backpack. And she is UNREASONABLY cute.
4. Last year while Christmas shopping, I went mental over these Minimergency Kits. The little kits were so cute but didn't really have exactly what I wanted. I came across a bunch of DIY kits but nothing really caught my eye. Right before Christmas I was at Target buying an insane amount of candles that smell like Christmas Trees and I came upon these tiny little pouches for a buck each. I thought they would be perfect for corralling ibuprofen and bobby pins and chap sticks. I made one for each of my sisters and my mother and could pick things they actually might need instead of a generic lady kit. This weekend I stuffed them and wrapped them and gave them away. I included tiny emery boards and breath strips and stain remover and pain killers and a bunch of other things I wish I had in my purse all the time.
5. I made the teeniest tiniest knit tie (does one stitch wide count?) for a mini badger. Coming to the shop this week.
6. For Valentines I got a mug with Hilary Clinton on her phone. I gave my husband this card. Ladies on their phones feature prominently in our lives.